As of 01.01.2017, there are 75 education institutions in the Nenets Autonomous Okrug, including the following:
- pre-school education institutions – 31;
- general education institutions – 31;
- supplementary education institutions – 10;
- professional education institutions – 3.
Besides, there is a state-funded institution “Nenets regional centre of education development”.
In total over 13 thousand people are engaged in the education sphere, these are both employees and students, which makes one third of the okrug’s entire population.
Regional public and state management system in the field of education
Strategic state and regional tasks in the field of education are fulfilled through the councils and commissions system, which includes:
- The Inter-departmental commission on educational institutions’ preparation for the new academic year;
- Board of the NAO Education, Culture and Sports Department;
- Principal qualifying commission of the NAO Education, Culture and Sports Department;
- Principal examination commission of the Nenets Autonomous Okrug;
- Coordination council on introducing of federal state education standards in the Nenets Autonomous Okrug;
- Principals’ Council.
Public reporting practice is developing. All educational institutions in the okrug have Internet sites containing information about education, financial and administrative activities. Information about the regional Education Directorate and its activities can be found in media and Internet, on the portal of the NAO authorities.
Strategic tasks fulfillment in the education sphere in the NAO
There is a regional plan (Roadmap) for 2013 – 2018, aimed at improvement of education and scientific activities in the NAO. The Roadmap is enacted by the NAO Administration Regulation #162-p of 30.04.2013.
There is also a Regional state program “Education development in the NAO”, enacted by NAO Administration decree # 411-p of 13.11.2013.
According to the statistics (as of 01.01.2016), the total number of children under 7 residing in the NAO, is about 5 thousand.
As of 01.01.2017, preschool services coverage among children aged 3 – 7 years, is 100 %.
In December 2016 a very first private kindergarten in the Nenets autonomous okrug obtained a license to conduct educational activities.
NAO educational institutions arrange conferences to share experience in organization of teaching, carrying out professional practice, dual education issues etc.
There are services on assistance in graduates’ employment, their adaptation for labor market, interaction with potential employers.